Pioneer DJ RM-05
THE RM SERIES IN DETAIL
1. HD coaxial driver unit for accurate point source monitoring and sound isolation
The RM Series adopts its HD-coaxial driver unit from Pioneer sub-brand TAD, placing the woofer and the tweeter on the same axis to ensure a truer response across the frequencies. A newly developed waveguide minimises interference between the drivers to produce a true, neutral sound with excellent isolation, perfect for near-field monitoring in a professional studio.
2. 50 kHz tweeter for precise, electrifying high frequencies
The 1-inch hard dome aluminium tweeters were designed using unique Pioneer technology for added frequency response. The diaphragm’s shape and materials are optimised to deliver precise, rousing high frequency sounds.
3. Front-loaded bass reflex system with grooves for a smooth, strong bass
The RM-05 and RM-07 feature aramid fibre woofers for a robust bass response. Plus the front-loaded bass reflex design and innovative grooves on the bass ducts reduce air friction, even when the speakers are positioned right against the wall.
4. Rigid die-cast aluminium cabinet with curved contours for superb sound clarity
The RM Series housings are made from die-cast aluminium for maximum rigidity and reduced resonance at all volumes. The cabinet’s curved surfaces optimise the rigidity and reduce external diffraction – while giving the speakers a sleek design that will look good in the studio.
5. AFAST acoustic tube reduces standing waves for stronger low-mid frequencies
Pioneer’s patented AFAST technology drastically reduces standing waves that can produce a muffled response in the low to mid ranges. An acoustic tube in the cabinet absorbs just the standing waves, ensuring true reproduction of low to mid frequencies.
6. Low/Mid/High EQ settings for added flexibility and control
A three-band EQ (Low/Mid/High) gives producers the option to tailor the monitor speakers’ sound or audition tracks for certain scenarios and has four pre-sets for each band.
7. Other features
• Custom-designed Class AB bi-amps ensure balance across the frequencies
• Exclusive toroidal transformer power source for excellent S/N ratio and no distortion
• Clip indicator to protect the unit from excessive input
• Wide range of inputs (XLR and RCA)
• Auto standby On/Off function
Bi-amp 2-way active speaker
Bass reflex/aluminium die-cast
5-inch aramid fibre woofer
45 Hz - 50 kHz (-10dB)
104 dB SPL (peak @ 1 m)
Amplifier Output (rated Output):
Class A/B bi-amp 150 W
LF： 50 W / 4Ω
HF： 50 W / 4Ω
XLR x 1
RCA x 1
-40 dB ～ +6 dB
-2 / -1 / 0 / +1 dB at 10 kHz
-4 / -2 / -1 / 0 dB at 140 kHz
-4 / -2 / 0 / +2 dB at 50 kHz
Cross Over Frequency:
Power consumption during standby mode:
0,3W or less
203 x 281 x 255 mm
- Technical Audio Devices Laboratories (TAD Labs) is a Pioneer sub-brand preferred by professional studios since 1978
- Harmonised Synthetic Diaphragm Optimum Method (HSDOM)
- Acoustic Filter Assisted System Tuning (AFAST)